Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Consequences

So the second 40 days ended July 17.  I took a week off and I allowed myself chocolate and sodas.  I didn't have very many sodas, but I sure indulged in the chocolate.  For 7 days I ate anything I wanted--a Milky Way, chocolate chip cookies, ice cream with chocolate topping, brownies, chocolate milk tea.  Delicious!!!

I shouldn't have been surprised when I woke up a week later with sinus drainage and a scratchy throat.  The glands under my throat were swollen and there was sinus pressure in my head.  I knew exactly why I was feeling the way I did.  Whenever I go overboard on sugar this is what happens to me.  Sugar is an immune system-depressor and by indulging so much I pushed my immune system down to a level that I became susceptible to the cold that was going around some of the people at church.  

I'm almost over it now, but it's taken almost 2 weeks to get past all of the symptoms.  For 1 week of indulgence I've had 2 weeks of symptoms.  Was it really worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment