Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A loooong time ago...

A long time ago (a little over 3 years), there was a young woman named Julie who had ample time to do all sorts of things that she enjoyed doing...

It's been over a year since I last updated this blog and what a year it has been! I'm expecting our third child (a girl this time) and racing to keep up with my 3-year-old and 20-month-old. I love being a SAHM and spending my life serving my family. But it definitely cuts into some of my preferred activities. Reading for pleasure is a rare occurrence. Watching something other than children's shows doesn't happen very often. Getting into the car and going somewhere does not occur without stopping to think about if the diaper bag is supplied or if the destination has 2-child baskets (thank you HEB), and finally if it is even worth the trouble of going to that place at all. (I'm tired just from thinking about it.)

But it is such a privilege to be mommy to my two precious boys. And my latest obsession is setting up Tot School for them. What is Tot School, you ask?

A good friend sent me a link to the Blog 1+1+1=1.

I found more information than I could ever hope to use on schooling my very young children. Not that they require a great deal of formalized "schooling" but Carisa's blog details how to teach your child basic concepts while playing with them. I've been glued to this blog ever since I first started reading it and I don't think I will be weaned off any time soon.

I'm taking steps to get my own Tot School up and running. I'm deliberately not spending a lot of money, but relying on some of my own (and other's) creativity to put plans in place. Stay tuned to see if I manage it before the baby is born this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment